Sunday, October 30, 2011

Do Two Goats Make A Right?








When I saw this workout posted I wasn't exactly rushing to get into the CraicHouse to do it.

"Nancy"
5 Rounds
400 meter run
15 Overhead Squats @95#

19:27

Let's see, running and overhead squats. Two of my worst Goats. A "Goat" once again is any exercise or movement you dislike doing or like doing but are weak at, or both. Yep. I suck at running and I really suck at OHS. Not to long ago I would have "conveniently" skipped this WOD, but since I am hell bent on getting better at everything I knew I couldn't resort to my old ways.

Sometimes when I run my legs just kill for days afterward. My recovery time can take forever and it does affect future WODS which really pisses me off. To be fair though I have been getting somewhat better with my running. I am still trying to find that happy running pace that won't crush me when I transition into my other movements. It's getting there.... slowly.

Now OHS! Ha Ha Ha Man do I hate these things. Not too long ago I could barely do them with a PVC pipe.  I was embarrassed that I was so bad at them. So what did I do? I avoided them for months. Well, that didn't work out so well.  After watching some of the CraicsHeads crush their overhead squats while competing at the Garage Games I became determined to improve them. The path is long and hard, but doable of course. I sucked hardcore at Double Unders and now I can rock them pretty much anytime I want.  I did not do this WOD as Rx though. I had to drop the weight down to 75# so I would be able to manage the weight and be able to string together my reps.  It actually worked out well.  By looking at other people's times I knew my goal would be to finish in 20 minutes.  I was happy with my time.  It was also pouring out. Cold rain. That sucked. 

Looking forward to the Halloween WOD tomorrow along with the Halloween Craic party.
Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment