Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween WOD

Coming for ya!



Halloween

5 rounds for time
Run 200m
30 Box Jumps  @24'
30 Kettlebell Swings @53#

RX - Costume

30:00

I wasn't really planning on working out today. My body has been in revolt lately and for some reason it feels more tired than normal. I didn't want to miss out on today's WOD though because I thought it would be great to workout in a costume with my fellow CraicHeads. The trick was to find a costume that I could have fun with and be able to function in as well. As you can see with the above picture I chose Jason. Easy costume to put together, but I had an issue with my lower half.<---That's what she said!

Now I knew that if I wanted to really go after this WOD I would have worn shorts, but have you ever seen Jason wearing shorts? It was bad enough that I had to wear sneakers, but I sure as hell couldn't have worn boots for my running and box jumps. I ended up finding an old torn up pair of pants I had gotten from Abercrombie a million years ago. They were perfect to wear for mobility reasons, but quickly turned into a nightmare halfway through my first round. My pants kept falling down. I was tripping on them during the run, but the worst part was trying to box jump with them on.  Why was I tripping on them every two seconds? I lost 40 pounds. Guess it's not a bad reason to have. John said that the time cap was 30 minutes and I used up all the time on purpose.  I wasn't trying to break any records today. I had a lot of fun with it. 


Kept costume on the whole time. RX!

We never looked better.


Tonight was the CraicHouse's Halloween party. Like any true CraicHead party we went late and had a ton of fun. Highlights include, drinking, arm wrestling, crazy Pukie tactics, shotgunning of beers, burpee challenge, food throwing, passing out, dancing, bread eating, walking into things, more drinking, jello shots, and more. I know there are pictures out there and I have a few, but they shall not be revealed. CraicHeads only.  I don't think I got home until 4am. Love our parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment