Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm ready for my close up Mr Deville.

It's been a few days since I had a chance to workout. It's good for recovery, but I am still feeling weak and sore. I fear taking too much time off as I might become a lazy sloth again. Plus, whenever I take extra time off I feel like I am starting over and I hate that feeling. When I saw today's WOD I hesitated to go, but knew I had to.


5 rounds
3 High Bar Back Squats
50% max effort Deadhang Pullups
50% max effort Dips
Rest about 2 mins between rounds.

250# plus 7 and 7
I dislike doing squats for one reason. My legs are junk for days afterward. I can already feel them getting tight and sore. I always say every time after I do them that I am going to do some squats every week or so so when I have to do them again in a WOD they won't kill me for days after. Oops! Yea, I need to make a bigger note next time. I then had an issue with figuring out my 50% max effort on deadhang pullups and dips. I have no idea what they could be so I was guessing the whole time on what my 50% effort would be.  I know I have done around 15 deadhangs and I know I have done in the mid 20's on dips before.  I was definitely a bit off as I screwed around on my last set and did 10 pull ups and 10 Dips at which I stopped for no apparent reason. At some point I will find some extra time to figure out both. I was happy with 250# on my back squats. Last time I recorded 245# for a 5 x 5 rep max.  So I was happy I chose the right weight there. It was just heavy enough for the 5 rounds. 

I stayed after class and did yesterday's WOD. 

21-15-9
  Hang Power Snatch 75/45
Box Jump
10 min Cap

6:10 RX





This WOD was more difficult for me than normal. Yes I hate box jumps, but I was too distracted by Johnny Playboy and his photo shoot. I believe lululemon was taking photos for his ambassadorship.




I had to do my WOD in the back corner where the jump ropes used to hang. I couldn't be in any natural lighting that would take away from Johnny Playboy's shoot.  It was tough to be in that corner as there wasn't much room and I was restricted with my movements with being under the pull up rig. Let's see, I banged my head off the pull up bar on a box jump( it killed) and I couldn't fully extend on some of my snatches as I kept hitting the pull up bar going up. It was a tough quick WOD, but I would like to do it again at a later date. I think I should be able to finish within 5 minutes.

It was kind of cool watching the photo shoot. I have done them before in the past when I was involved with acting/modeling.  Jack was there with me and we had a ton of fun with John and the photog.  He seemed really cool. I of course couldn't help myself. I took some photos of my own. 

Oh Baby! Nice work Bro!

Membership has it's privileges.

L Sit, courtesy of Jack.

Looking good.

Now what do you want me to do?
Take my shirt off? I excel at that!






2 comments:

  1. Good work on both WODs TNB. I was very impressed that you did not scream or shout out any profanities when you hit your head, you just kept going - game face bro, game face (you know that movie?)

    Johnny Deadlift or Johnny Playboy ??? maybe I can moonlight as johnny playboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny Playboy has a better ring to it!

    ReplyDelete