Friday, November 4, 2011

Chipper



And that is what I did. Saw this WOD last night and I wanted to do it, but I didn't. On paper the WOD didn't look bad except for that first part . Burpees!!!!

WOD
 50 Burpees
40 Situps
30 Jumping lunges
20 Pushups
10 Pullups (Chest 2 Bar)

6:58 Rx plus

I have to say I was pretty happy with my time. I could definitely improve, but overall I was right there. I was able to blast through the first 25 burpees pretty easily and then it went to shit, but it went the way I thought it would because I know I suck at burpees.  25/6/4/5/5/5 Ugh! I hate them! I knew if I could just get past the burpees I could breeze through the rest of the WOD. The sit ups weren't bad. For some reason I stopped at 25 and I had a bit of trouble getting my momentum back. The jumping lunges weren't as bad as I envisioned. 20/10  They used to kill me back in the day.  Sometimes those Goats fall off the mountain. Who knew? Push ups were easy, but again I broke them up for no apparent reason. 10/5/5  I could have substituted Handstand Push Ups here, but I'm no there yet. Well, at least for 20 reps. I could have done them, but it would have taken forever. I did PR with 4 reps earlier in the class. Getting there. The Chest to Bar pull ups were a little tough. I gave myself two no reps as I didn't hit the bar with my hairy chest. 

I had fun with this one. My recovery afterward was awful. My cold has moved to my chest and it felt like it was going to blow up after. It burned badly. Took about 20 minutes to recover. 

File that under.... COLDS SUCK!


No comments:

Post a Comment