Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Kind of Day







Oh Baby! I saw today's WOD and I was psyched. I really love heavy lifting days. I do well with them and they always make me feel good about myself and today was no different.


Skill/Strength: Squat Clean
15 mins to work to a heavy single
 205#


Strength: Front Squat 1-1-1-1-1
The weight of your first Front Squat should equal your heaviest Squat Clean
15min cap
 265#


I knew that my squat clean would fall somewhere between 205# and 215#.  My 1 rep max is still at 215#. I am still chasing that elusive 225# mark. With only 15 minutes to work I knew I wouldn't have time to attempt a PR.  205# at the 15 minute mark.  I was right where I thought I would be. What was great about it was that I shared a bar with Dork and Jack.  I love lifting with those guys because they motivate me to another level. We all have our strengths, but when it comes to lifting heavy it helps to have these Manimals with ya. 

Front Squats. I made sure I stretched out my wrists well beforehand. In the past I have either forgotten or started too late. With my flexibility still not there yet, it can become quite painful without proper stretching.  My last 1 rep max front squat was 245# I PR'd it by 20#!  265#!  Oh Baby!  I was super happy. Dork and I kept pushing each other and that helped me a great deal. We both attempted 275# a few times, but failed halfway. Oh well. I really can't complain too much. Overall one of my best days in weeks. Feel motivated again.

Dork

No comments:

Post a Comment