Saturday, October 15, 2011

Would you like to say Grace before we eat? No I want to do Her!

Yes that's me
Today our box hosted BarbellsforBoobs in support of Mammograms In Action which is a non-profit breast cancer organization with the mission to provide funding for qualified low-income and uninsured women and men who need screening and/or diagnostic procedures in the prevention of breast cancer. Let me just start off and give a big shout out to Johnny Deadlift and Glen for doing an amazing job organising this event. Thanks to all the CraicHeads who participated and came to together in support of one another for this cause. It never ceases to amaze me how supportive everyone is at the CraicHouse. We rock!

The workout for the event was Grace. A CrossFit Benchmark workout which consists of 30 Clean & Jerks for time. The prescribed weight for a male is 135#.  I did this workout three weeks ago so I could see where I would fall time wise and so I could work on a few things so today's WOD wouldn't be so foreign. My time when I did it three weeks ago was 4:10 Rx. Not bad, but I really wanted to go sub 4 minute. Figured today I would make it.

Not sure if it was the early start time(I'm an afternoon WOD guy), my shoulder, Paul Teehan and TapeFactory ribbing me or what, but my time was 4:33 Rx. 23 seconds slower. Look it, people and their families and friends who have to go through the evils of cancer really shouldn't have to hear me complain about 23 seconds. It was a great day, a great event with great people for a great cause. Enough said. Great job everybody!

A rare photograph of Tapefactory and I together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment