Friday, February 24, 2012

WOD 12.1

The CrossFit Opens have started. On Wednesday night they release the workout and you have till 5pm on  that Sunday to complete it. Over 60,000 athletes have registered for the opens. This is a worldwide event that will eventually lead to the Regionals where the top 60 compete for the top 3 spots who then move on and ends with the CrossFit Games in July.

WOD

Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes

BURPEES


Ugh! Are you kidding me. Quite possibly my all time worse movement. It just taxes the shit out of my legs and back I am really not looking forward to this WOD. 

A bunch of the CraicHeads decided to hit the WOD immediately on Wednesday night. There were some impressive scores over a hundred. Considering who did what I think I will throw a party if I could manage to get to 80. Look it, I know I have no chance anyway, but to be a part of Team Craic is what it's about for me. On Thursday we ran the WOD all day for those competing and not. I went to a few classes to judge and encourage. I love yelling at people. Some great scores again. On Saturday from 10 to 12pm we will be judging the WOD again. This is when I plan on hitting it. Some people have done it or will do it multiple times. My strategy is this, do it once and leave it all out there. Why torture myself for 2 to 3 more reps? I have given my legs sufficient rest I hope and have a few strategies in mind. We'll see what happens on Saturday.

Almost go time!

On a side note, I was talking with a friend of mine about the shit storm which is my life. We came up with a great t-shirt that is relevant to this workout. Trying to see if I can get it made. It is truly brilliant.


Oh, here is a link to the Games site in regard to the first workout...

No comments:

Post a Comment