Thursday, February 23, 2012

OHS Still a Goat

Two days ago...

We had to establish a 5 rep max Overhead Squat. Not my best movement. I had avoided these worse than I avoided bread back in the day. I have gotten a bit better at them than before.

5 Rep Max
135

Not too bad considering not too long ago I could only do 135# once. I attempted 155# but my first 2 reps didn't count because I wasn't getting low enough. I could probably fall in the middle here around 140ish to 145ish. I dunno. My shoulder mobility is still junky.

In between rounds we had to accumulate 50 Chest to Bar pull ups. I could barely hold the bar after squatting. My wrists were junk. I think I bailed and stopped at 20 to 25. I just couldn't grip the bar.

Later I grabbed a woman's bar that was still on the rack. I think it was around 45# with the plates. I dominated that. 

Nothing like leaving on a high note!


Yesterday's WOD...

Run 400 meters
21 KB Swings @55#
21 Wall Balls @@20#
Run 400
15 KB
15 WB
Run 400
9 KB
9 WB
Run 400

13:23 

I did not want to do this WOD today. My legs have been killing me lately. Especially my shins, but i dragged myself there to try to get my legs loose for basketball later. Not really sure if it worked. The KB's and the wall balls were a joke, but the running killed me. People would obviously come in the door faster on their runs, but I was able to catch up on the sets, but in the end it wasn't good enough. 

Running is a really bad Goat for me. I am not sure what I can do to improve besides just continuing the fight. I just wish it wouldn't hurt so much.  Literally, sometimes... People can walk faster than I can run.


Played B-ball later and had a great time as usual. We only had 8 guys this week so nobody had any breaks. I gotta say my cardio is definitely improving from it. Made some good shots. J-Bone was dunking everywhere. It was a lot of fun to watch, especially the alley op from Pete to J-Bone. Sic! 

Open WOD 1 comes out soon....  

I bet it's 7 minutes for time Burpees!  


No comments:

Post a Comment