Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Staying Focused

Been a tough few days. It's been really hard to just keep my focus, but I have been trying to surround myself with as much activity as possible.  On Saturday I watched my CraicHeads compete at the Winterfest Competitions at Vagabond. As expected we represented well and took 2 podium spots. Here is a link with a team photo as well, Oh Baby! Of course I had to leave for work a bit early and missed yet another team picture... Great job by everyone! Love you guys!

Monday's WOD...

10 minute AMRAP
10 Power Cleans @135#
10 Ring Dips

5 + 6 reps

What can I say about this? I wish I could have just power cleaned the whole time. Ring Dips are a goat for me, but I have to say that I definitely improved from times past.  They fatigue the shit out of me pretty quickly. I was happy that I was able to do 50 of them. Might not seem much but trust me go try them. 

The problem is that if I did bar dips to substitute I could have done a million of them and I wouldn't have gotten the work I needed. As far as the power cleans go they were great. I never really had an issue with them at all. At one point I started doing single reps so I could try to save some strength for the ring dips. That really didn't matter though. Those 6 reps at the end were consecutive and I think if I pushed myself a bit harder I could have done better sets with the power cleans. Who Knows?

Uh oh. Tomorrow is Overhead Squats! 

Stay Tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment