Friday, February 10, 2012

Shoulder Press

Tuesdays' WOD was the following...

Establish a 1 Rep Max Shoulder Press

175#

Shoulder Press, quite possibly the most boring of movements out there. Yet it needs to be done and I actually don't mind it as much. I enjoy these 1 rep max heavy days. I'm usually pretty good at them and to be honest I like the rest, especially after last week.  

I was happy with 175. I actually planned and thought I could do 185 and I almost had it. I had it about halfway up and seemed to hold it there for ever. I thought my biceps were going to burst. I tried one more time, but I had nothing left in the tank after that struggle. I even dropped done to 180, but by then my arms were toast and I couldn't even lift it off the rack. I definitely think I can do 180 and maybe 185 soon. 

File this under as... Rest Day

This is what my arms felt like afterward.  Hi Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment