Monday, February 6, 2012

SQUATS AGAIN!

Okay, I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't worried about toasting my legs again for the week when I saw the WOD for today.

1 Rep Max Back Squat

325#

Oh Baby! That's definitely a PR.  I was nervous that I might have trouble hitting 300 again after last week, but I knew I had to try. Figured it would be less reps since we only have to do 1 rep at a time and I should be fine. 

Here's how my reps went:

135# 
185#
225#
285#
305#
315#
325#

At 305# I knew I had 10 more pounds in me. I wanted to match my friend Johnny D @ 315#. Surprisingly this weight wasn't as hard as I thought it would. Don't get me wrong, that shit is heavy and I definitely felt it afterward, but I knew I could do more.  325 was the benchmark. Johnny Deadlift was nice enough to video my last attempt. My chest comes forward a bit, but I got it. Super psyched!




I pray my legs don't go junky on me. Really looking forward to this week's worth of WODS.

No comments:

Post a Comment