Friday, January 27, 2012

Wheelhouse

Been having a rough go of it lately. Everyday routines have been tough. John got on me earlier this week to get my ass in gear. To lose myself for 1 hour a day. He's right and so I did.  It helps for a bit. Just have to keep moving forward.

Today's post is dedicated to Glen though. Glen has been busting my balls to get my blog back on track. So here I stand @ the CraicHouse typing this post while Glen devours another dozen eggs. Soon we'll be crushing back room beers again my friend! Until then I'll keep up the pace up for you.

WOD
50 Lateral Bar Hops
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Deadlifts
PVC Overhead Squats
50 Lateral Bar Hops
Rx weight 185#

6:06 Rx

I really wanted to come under 5 minutes, but those last 50 jumps were brutal. My legs were literally jello. The Deads went about how I planned. I breezed through them with ease and the pvc overheads were fine. Easy with no weight. Now I know how Johnny Deadlift feels when he overheads 135# for reps. All day baby! 

Been a relatively good three days @ the CraicHouse Yesterdays WOD was a 5 rep max Thruster. I ended up doing 176#. Sic. I really wasn't sure where I would end up considering I loathe Thrusters and along with my 1 rep max being @ 195# I figured I was in for a long hour. Now I am excited to see where my 1 rep max might be at. 

The third WOD I hit this week was 6 min AMRAP 10 KB Swings @ 70# and 10 Push Ups.  Brutal. My total was 10 full rounds plus 1 rep. My hands and arms were toast. I was really happy that I did all the swings unbroken. Felt pretty good. 

Until next time, please remember if you drop a piece of meat on the ground I will still eat it!


No comments:

Post a Comment