Friday, July 20, 2012

Take That!

As I sit here in my office I start to think about yesterday. Easing my way back into things takes a lot of focus. I need to constantly remind myself why. I haven't revealed to many my reasons, but I have them clear in my head and that is what motivates me. I was walking around work last night and I kept saying to myself, "I'm only limited by my excuses." Is there anything else I need to say? I think not.

I can take a few things from yesterday and build off of them. I did the workout "Grace" in the afternoon. This has always been my favorite workout because I can just lift heavy shit. 30 reps for time of clean & jerks @ 135#.  I was a little worried coming into it because I haven't lifted like this in a while. My previous best time was 3:58. I mentally prepared myself to not be upset if it was worse. I fully expected it to be. Um... 3:14. A 44 second PR. Really? I haven't done shit in months and I PR. I'll leave it at this. As I was walking out Johnny Beefcake asks me if I had a PR. I said yes. His response, "Imagine if you were in shape." That was all I needed to hear.

I did something last night that no one would have ever expected. I got home around 11pm and figured if I was going to stay up late I might as well take advantage of it. I'm nocturnal by nature so lets get some work done. I mapped out 3 miles around my apartment  and proceeded onto my task. Yes, maybe the planets were aligned correctly. Maybe it was a little providence. I don't know. All I knew was that I had to get it done.

The run itself wasn't bad. At no point was I winded. Which I was even more shocked about. Besides my lower back raring its ugly head I was happy. Except for that giant fucking rat that jumped out of nowhere. I chased that motherfucker down like it was bacon! Shit, I gotta go. My office is out of toilet paper.

Till next time... cock punching my way through the day!

3 comments: