Monday, July 23, 2012

Feeling Good

I've gotten a great many compliments as of late regarding my attitude change.  It's amazing the influence you can have when you pull back the bullshit and move toward the good. The biggest thing I have learned was that I couldn't control what happened to me, but I could control how I reacted to them.   <----Truth    I'm sure there are some people who read this and might not really believe my good intentions yet. I guess only time will prove them otherwise.

I am starting to see how important goal setting can be towards ones progression. Regarding life, work, gym, or anything. When you set yourself a goal you conscious and your subconscious begin to work together to achieve it. You start to figure out ideas and plans to target that goal. Obstacles come up, but you get around them. Your subconscious is so powerful that the more you remind yourself or your goal the more it seems your mind will work towards achieving it. Set goals people. I demand it from you. Just make sure they are specific. Anything vague will not be enough. You need to have details.

I spent the better part of this weekend working. I did however have a chance to blow off some steam with some CraicHeads on Saturday night for a surprise party for one of our members. I found myself not really drinking too much as I have tried to stop drinking for only special occasions. It seems to be working as of late. I think I'll keep it up. Gotta get RIPPED!  :)

I was happy with today's workout. It was a complex of 3 Front Squats and 3 Push Presses. I was unsure about my legs a bit since it has been a while since I squatted. I was actually more worried about the push presses as I know I have lost some strength as of late. I ended up finishing at 195#'s. I was more than happy. I actually felt like I could have done 205. I was dialed in today, but I wanted to make sure I ended on a high note. It's important for me at this point to leave the gym with a positive outcome then a negative. Down the road it might be a bit different, but I am happy I got after it today.

I can't wait for tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment