Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Where Have I Been?

Actually I haven't been anywhere. Just lost track of updating for a week. Trying to move forward in my life so some things had to take a backseat. Not my WODS though. I was pretty consistent with that at least. Instead of boring you with everything I did last week lets just say that I have continued to make progress mentally during my workouts. I think that is the most important thing for me right now. More so then ever. My mental capacity seems to be growing and I see it transferring over to my everyday life.

CrossFit is about many things. Working out, nutrition, community, friendships, but there is also that mental toughness you can achieve. Whether you come in with it or not. In the end you can make huge gains in CrossFit and more importantly life if you open yourself up to it. I seem to be making that transition. Albeit slowly, but it's rising faster than usual.  It's up to you as an individual whether or not you can achieve this. Some people are born with it, some people need to find it.  I once had it a long time ago. It's on it's way back. I look forward to tomorrow and I haven't said that in a while.

Quick note. 12.3 sucked ass! Box jumps and I do not get along at all. Kills my lower back. I had a goal of 7 rounds, but figured I would do 6 plus. Back tightened up and I fell 7 reps short of 6 rounds. I thought about doing it again, but I chose not to because I didn't want to torture myself for another 18 minutes. 12.4 is right around the corner and it will more than make up for it.

Today's WOD...

5 x 5 Deadlifts - same weight

365#

All I gotta say is that on the 5th set that shit got heavy. Basketball and 12.4 later! Oh!  Here is our latest montage at the Craichouse...


.

This shit should inspire you!



No comments:

Post a Comment